TTRSA's experience has shown that working with stakeholders including local businesses and residents is key to the development of deliverable policies and plans, and cost effective schemes. It is also becoming increasingly important for developers to show community support for large schemes at the early stages of the planning process. Well designed and well implemented community consultation allows communities participate in the development and implementation of schemes which impact on their local environment. Cost effective community involvement can be used to focus limited resources on real problems and meaningful locally development solutions, prior to developing a detailed plan or scheme that could lack community support and require significant and costly revision.
TTRSA can assist with all areas of community consultation including:
- Developing and implementing cost effective consultation strategies;
- Preparing of consultation materials;
- Undertaking web-based consultation and surveys;
- Delivering consultation events including: focus groups, workshops and public meetings;
- Capacity building; and,
- Preparing consultation outputs, including: statistical; spatial (GIS based); and/or, qualitative interpretation.