School Traffic Safety Studies
TTRSA have worked with a number of schools, colleges and third level institutions across Ireland to address the emotive issues of school related traffic and road safety. Our main areas of work can be categorised as:
- Studies of existing infrastructure and road safety problems; and,
- Developing plans and policies to influence the way that both students and staff travel to and from school.
Our typically approach is to:
- Monitor and review traffic in the immediate vicinity of a school;
- Identify road safety hazards; and,
- Make site specific recommendations for road safety related improvements.
These studies and associated recommendations have then been used by schools and colleges to secure funding for safety related improvement works from the Department of Education and Skills.