TTRSA works with Planning Consultants by providing specialist traffic and transport advice to assist in the preparation of both first and third party appeals for planning applications. The work undertaken by TTRSA in relation to planning appeals includes:
For first party appeals:
- Reviewing reasons for refusal of, or conditions imposed on, proposed developments, based on submitted plans and reports within a planning application;
- Providing supporting data and analysis to counter reasons for refusal of a planning application;
- Preparing written statements for inclusion within a wider planning appeal submission to An Bord Pleanála; and,
- Attending An Bord Pleanála meetings and oral hearings on behalf of developers.
For third party appeals:
- Reviewing plans and reports within a planning application to identify deficiencies, errors and items at variance from planning policy and development standards;
- Undertaking traffic surveys and/or analysis to independently verify or invalidate submitted materials, for example, challenging stated traffic levels, traffic generation and modelling, or challenging stated sight lines and visibility distances related to proposed access;
- Reviewing the road safety impact of development proposals; and,
- Preparing written statements for inclusion within a wider appeal submission to An Bord Pleanála.